Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Midterm Topics 

1) My first topic would be Charlotte Ray. Charlotte is know as the first African-American lawyer and is not a person that I ever heard about and was surprised to learn about being that I want to be a lawyer. There is also is a lot of how she faked her gender in order to get into law school and I want to explore that idea and the other issues she experienced.  My wishlist of sources would be a memoir, any letters she had, and maybe her journal. Alternatives sources would be accounts from her husband, havard, or any stories written about her.

2) My second topic would be to continue to explore Ellen Craft and the moments she experience that lead up to her making the decision to escape with her husband to the North by pretending to be a white man. There is a lot of that I want to explore more about like her sexuality, masculinity and discover what she learnt about herself. My idea sources would be a journal, the book,etc. My alternatives would be accounts of the incidents from people near may or family members.


Tamara  

No comments:

Post a Comment