Tuesday, February 7, 2017

White Women Need To Stop!

Dear. White. Women.

Stop.

Stop with your entitlement mess.
Are you upset?
Upset that I walk these free streets
You all tried to keep from me for too long?
That is too bad.

I am sorry if you feel entitled to
The pre-existing terms of my existence.
I am sorry if you feel that my
Broken chains somehow compromise your well-being.
But I will not apologize
For my freedom.

My people were ripped from their lands.
Beaten.
Raped.
Murdered.
But somehow we walk out of
The South with our heads held high.

White women.
You thought you were superior.
However,
White superiority was taken,
Not earned.

You have the nerve to view me as
Lazy.
Untalented.
Ignorant.
Barbaric.

But as I walk so gracefully down
Your street,
You feel intimidated of me.

I wear bright and feminine clothing.
Face full of joy.
But yet,
You are intimidated.

I wonder why?

Maybe it is because
That superiority you feel you deserve,
That superiority that was never yours to begin with,
Could be ripped from you.
Ever so gracefully.
By those beautiful, stylish, yet barbaric women.

If we were truly as ignorant as you
Make us out to be,
Why are you scared?

Maybe because
The light we possess was never unseen.
Only dimmed.
And now shines before your very eyes.

Sincerely,

Susie. Savannah. And Minnie.

No comments:

Post a Comment