Monday, March 13, 2017

Why I Don’t Fuck With Hip Hop:

Why I Don’t Fuck With Hip Hop:

I hate you then I love you and then I hate you again.

As a kid you had my back. We would chill everyday after school, on the weekends—just us. We learned all the dances, we wrote some raps, and we watched all the music videos. You told me:

“I know I can
I KNOW I CAN,
Be what I wanna be,
BE WHAT I WANNA BE,
If I work hard in it,
IF I WORK HARD IN IT,
I’ll be what I wanna be,
WHAT I WANNA BE”

We were tight. You understood me. I understand you. And I always had your back, even when everybody warned me about you.

Everybody told me that you would dog me out. That you hated me cause I was a girl with no ass. That you called me a bitch and a hoe. And I just didn’t believe them, cause you said I was down. That I was bout that life. I was one of your boys. I was your sis. 

I was 12 when you first disrespected me. 

I was at the flea market, walking around tryna find someone to spray paint my forces. I was out with my cousins, and not my momma. So the attention was a lot. You saw that nigga follow me around the whole flea, and you aint even say shit. When he smacked my ass, you didn’t even do shit. 

It’s like when I started growing titties, I revoked my card for protection and respect that comes with being one of your boys. I already had it hard, so why didn’t you care? And I wish you would fix your mouth to tell me something different, because all of a sudden, I became your bitch, yo hoe, and someone your momma didn't fuck with. 

I never thought you would treat me this way.

So don’t fuck with you.

And please don’t come at me saying I need you, because there will be me after you just as there was before you. I don’t need you to feel me. I don’t need you to back me up if I need to say something. 

Stop talking to my brother, and stay away from my little sister. 

I’m not playing with you.


My

1 comment: